Pages

Friday 24 November 2017

Athletics Day

Today we had athletics and it was a hot sunny day with only a few clouds in the sky and nothing but a calm chilling breeze. As I looked at the track, butterflies started to fill my stomach but I tried not to think about it. First was the years 7 and 8 girls including me running the hardest race of all the 400 meter races.  The next race was the 200 meter race. We were each running in our own years.

Finally when the juniors had finished all of their races it was our turn to run the last race which was the 100 meter race. While I was walking to the track I forgot about everything and focused on the race. I was running down the track as fast as I could and I caught a glimpse of one of the girls that I had just passed. When I reached the finish line I was surprised because I received a brown block which meant third. I was so proud of myself for what I had achieved.  Next time I will set my goal higher so that I can be better than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment